Beverley's wedding blog

Expect this to be an ongoing commentary on what I've decided on, and what I'm currently
agonizing over deciding. That's what I expect it'll be, anyway!

Daisypath Ticker

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I think I can, I think I can

Or should this be titled "Slow and steady wins the race"?  Yesterday I made some progress in a few different areas.

I had previously purchased a necklace from Claire's that turned out to be too chunky, so on Sunday I returned it, along with the matching earrings.  About an hour later, I was in a store that had the exact same beads only less chunky, and way cheaper than buying it as a pre-assembled necklace.  They had tulle, and ribbon that matches celadon quite well.

So then yesterday, Brooke & I stopped in at a decorator and picked up their price list.  I think we might have them decorate the chapel a little bit, and we're going to go back out to the reception location again and see what we want for decorations there.

Then we went back to Claire's and I bought the matching earrings again.

Then we went downtown and I picked up my wedding band while Brooke circled the block.  And circled, and circled…. It took quite a while.  :)

Late last night I assembled my necklace.  I think it'll work out much better this way, having made it myself, because it is exactly the length I want, and not a single bead longer.  Then I was feeling crafty so I brought out the tulle and ribbon and made up a couple of sample favours and decided on what I think is the best balance of number of truffles and length of ribbon, etc.  I'll look at them again in a day or two and make sure I still think the one I decided on is the best, and then see if I can wrangle any volunteers to help me make them all!  It wasn't too difficult making them, but it took me quite a long time to make five myself, so it would be nice to have some help.  (Once the tulle, plastic wrap and ribbon are all cut to the right size, they assemble quite quickly.)

We have an appointment on Friday to talk to a lady about a cake -- they don't do "wedding" cakes, just fancy cakes.  I'm not sure exactly what they'll look like, but I will know in a couple of days.  It means the price is less than half of what you have to pay as soon as you stick the label "wedding" on it, so that sounds good to me!  (I cannot justify spending $400 or more on a cake.  It's just a dessert!  And for that price, it's usually not even big enough to be the only dessert - you still need to get a "real" dessert besides!  Yikes!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home