Beverley's wedding blog

Expect this to be an ongoing commentary on what I've decided on, and what I'm currently
agonizing over deciding. That's what I expect it'll be, anyway!

Daisypath Ticker

Sunday, February 12, 2006

My To-Do List (3 months)

Here's an update to the status of my to-do list I last posted on January 8. The wedding is currently 3 months away.

To do 8 - 10 Months Before

  • Shop for your wedding dress and accessories. I have my shoes now. I bought a necklace and earring set from Claire's but it turned out the necklace was too chunky. I'm going to return it and see if they have one with smaller "pearls" but if not, my seamstress also sells necklaces and she has one I quite like.
  • Shop for bridesmaids' dresses. Dresses are ordered, and will arrive around April 21.
  • Pick a Honeymoon destination. Check if any inoculations are required. No decision yet.

To do 6 - 8 Months Before

  • Order formal wear for groomsmen. Done!
  • Order Invitations. Done
  • Select table favours. No change, still don't have anything to put them in yet.

To do 4 - 6 Months Before

  • Address wedding invitations. Done
  • Mail invitations to out-of-town guests. Done
  • Choose gifts for attendants. Have started thinking about this, so that's a start.
  • Buy wedding rings. We now have his ring. I checked into mine yesterday. I'm waiting for the store my e-ring is from to get back to me (probably Monday) about whether the matching band can be ordered without the diamonds, and what that would look like. I can't imagine it looking good though (although I'm sure they wouldn't sell it that way if it looks ugly) so I have a plain band picked out that will look fine if that one doesn't work out. So either way, I'm nearly done this one!
  • Arrange rehearsal dinner. Haven't made any specific plans, other than location.
  • Arrange transportation for wedding day. Still not started. Will likely rent a couple of nice cars, but not a limo.
  • Order cake. Haven't decided on one, but I am meeting a lady who makes cakes later today, so I'm finally starting on this.

To do 2 - 4 Months Before

  • Meet with Officiant and confirm details of ceremony. Not done.
  • Make hotel reservations for out-of-town guests. Done, and information included in invitations.
  • Book any equipment required for wedding reception. Not sure if there is anything I'll need.
  • Buy guest book & pen. Not done.

These are the things that are coming up in my to-do list. It's getting close enough now that I might as well list them, too.

To do 1-2 Months Before

  • Pick up marriage license.
  • Have final gown/bridesmaid's dresses fitting
  • Make appointment with hair stylist to plan your wedding hairdo
  • Make appointment with hair stylist / esthetician for wedding day
  • Buy wedding gift for groom/bride
  • Mail invitations to in-town guests. Done (at same time as out-of-town ones were sent)
  • Select MC
  • Confirm site for photographs
  • Arrange to change name on legal document
  • Make arrangement for bridesmaid's luncheon or dinner.
  • Book date & time for rehearsal Done, although we may need to change it to as late in the day as possible since Brooke will probably be out of town that day.
  • Make plans for rehearsal dinner.
  • Address wedding announcements - to be mailed after wedding

To do 1- 2 Weeks Before

  • Consult and discuss final details with florist, caterer, photographer, videographer, musicians, DJ, Officiant etc...
  • Discuss attire with those hired for service at your wedding
  • Bridesmaid's luncheon, present attendants with gifts.
  • Draw up seating plan
  • Send wedding announcement to newspaper
  • Inform caterer of number of confirmed guests at the reception

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home